So the first question we always get asked is, ‘What IS a sample sale?’ as they often get mixed up with a Trunk Show. A sample sale is when you are purchasing the gown right out of our store’s collection. There are a number of reasons why bridal stores decide to part with a sample gown. The dress is discontinued, the need for space because new season gowns are coming in and also the condition of a gown. When you are purchasing a sample gown, remember that it will likely not be in perfect condition as it will have been tried on before by other brides HOWEVER, if you are the type of girl who loves a deal… the sample sale is perfect for you! There are a few top tips that we have for those of you thinking about purchasing from a sample sale…
1. Don’t dry clean the gown!- We don’t recommend this as you can ruin the gown. If you feel the need to clean, we can spot clean the areas you wish.
2. Don’t expect them to look brand new!- Remember that the gown will have been tried on before and may have things such as loose beads or lace however, the price will always reflect the condition of the dress.
3. Alterations!- can make the dress smaller or we can put in a corset to make it a size larger.
4. Best time to get a dress for your reception!
5. Don’t have 6 months to wait– sample sale is cash and carry.